Combining Lync, an industry leading unified communication solution, with itec’s expert installation service, results in seamless deployment and increased business benefit.
- John Phippen, General Manager, Allstar Solutions
As part of its full Lync ECO system of professional services, itec offers technical engineering for Lync installation, configuration and integration of servers and other technologies such as contact centres and session border controllers.
Customers can call upon itec’s highly accredited engineers to fulfil Lync infrastructure deployments, as well as providing engineering services which compliment end user skillsets, in order to augment resource or provide specific Lync installation related skills to complete key parts of a Lync technical solution.
itec’s Lync installation technicians can work on customer sites as well as remotely in order to build and test complex Lync topologies in accordance with Microsoft best practices. itec’s highly accredited technicians have vast experience with building Lync infrastructures for enterprise customer environments, as well as large multi-tenant frameworks for cloud based hosting strategies.
Equally, itec offers technical services which seamlessly integrate with customer project management and technical teams thus facilitating a single “virtual” Lync delivery team for the lifecycle of a project.
itec will provide appropriately accredited and experienced technical resources to:
• Install and configure Microsoft Lync Servers on physical or virtual environments
• Install and configure Microsoft SBA for branch survivability
• Install and configure Microsoft approved gateways and SBCs for PSTN / SIP trunk connectivity
• Install and configure 3rd party applications and devices within the Lync ECO system
• Customer acceptance testing of installed environments
• Post implementation performance analysis and optimisation
• Installation handover and documentation
itec’s Lync installation services can be delivered and managed through the itec Project Management Office (PMO) in accordance with Prince II methodologies for project delivery and control and Six Sigma for quality assurance.