Messaging, presence, voice & video, and desktop collaboration all under the hood of Microsoft Lync eco-system, delivered and implement to maximum benefit by the experts at itec.
- Robert Hessel, CEO, Source 1 Solutions
Client Installation Services
As with any client – server based IT systems, Microsoft’s Lync unified communications and collaboration system encompasses both a core server infrastructure as well as an end user focused client application.
The core server elements of this UC&C topology can be installed on premise, in a customer’s private cloud, in a trusted cloud or in a public cloud framework.
The Lync client application, which enables instant messaging, presence, voice & video calling, and desktop collaboration, is generally installed upon a user’s PC / laptop or smart device, although this can also be installed and used as part of a VDI environment.
Regardless of the design and location of the core infrastructure, end users will always require on premise services in order to support the implementation of Lync client applications and branch services such as TDM gateways, Survivable Branch Appliances (SBAs) and analogue terminal adapters (ATAs).
itec intelligent services plc. offers on premise technical services to complete the desk-side and local communications implementation.
itec skilled technical engineers attend the customer site in order to support Lync deployment activity and to complete the following activities:
• Microsoft Lync client application installation and test on user desktop / laptop / smart device
• Integration testing with Microsoft approved applications such as Microsoft Office & SharePoint
• Microsoft Lync approved headset installation and test on end user desktop / laptop device
• Microsoft Lync approved handset and ATA deployment and testing
• TDM gateway, SBC and SBA installation, configuration and testing for local communications connectivity and branch high availability
• Portal provisioning services (adding / managing users on a cloud based Lync Control Panel)
• End user Lync client application training